"Where Do Babies Come From?" is an unreleased song written by Melanie Martinez. It was originally believed to be featured on her debut album, Cry Baby, but her father, Jose Martinez, told a fan on Instagram that this song would not be included on the album, but said that it "is a great song".
On June 1st, Melanie confirmed on her Periscope that the song would not be featured on the album. Her father posted an additional 15 second clip on Instagram (@jmartinezmtp) on July 26th, stating that it did not make it on the album. Since a studio version has been made, it is possible that it may be released one day.
In July of 2015, Melanie answered a question on Tumblr regarding this song, saying in the future, it's a possibility there will be a purpose for the song someday, but it is staying off the internet until further notice.
On December 4th, 2017, a 10 second snippet was leaked by an unknown user on Picosong.
This song is about how adolescence is now a prime time that many children are beginning to have and interact with sex. It describes a child begging her mother to tell her where babies come from and if it is all as magical and happy as it seems. The mothers response is that they come from girls who want to grow up too fast and boys who are lazy, referring to the fact that many kids are getting pregnant and the fathers of the babies are too young and don't help the mothers. Melanie has said that the song is very personal.
Where do babies come from?
Do they come from rainbows and love?
Mommy, mommy tell me please
Where do babies come from, really?
They come from boys who want to sit on their ass
They come from girls who like to grow up too fast
They come from screaming, fighting, make-up sex
What a lovely little mess I've made
I throw milk on the walls in rage
Oh I'm trying to just forget the pain
Where babies become a rarity
Daddy and Mommy being fierce
If my Mom
- Melanie first uploaded two short previews of this song on her Instagram account (@littlebodybigheart), but they have since been deleted. She has also not performed it or released the whole song.
- This song is not featured on Cry Baby because Melanie believes "the rest of the songs are of higher standards, quality, and fit the theme better". She has also stated that this song is too personal.
- However, prior to this, it was actually planned to be on Cry Baby, which is why two snippets were released to see what people thought because Melanie was not very convinced with it. Even though she had everyone's approval, she discarded the song, making it unreleased.
- The song will not be on the second album, as Melanie stated that "there are better songs than this one".
- ↑ http://melaniemartinezmusic.tumblr.com/post/125200854968/answer-at-least-one-question-about-where-do-babies