Melanie Martinez's hair is a signature part of her artistry, with her hair color constantly changing. This page has all of the different colors her hair has been.
For most of Melanie's life before The Voice, her hair was her natural hair color, brown.
Blonde and Black
For much of Melanie's time on The Voice, her hair was blonde and black. This look was inspired by Cruella de Vil.
Black and Blue
For Melanie's final night performing on The Voice, she dyed the blonde side of her hair blue. This was the first time the blonde side of her hair was a different color. This wasn't permanent, it was done with blue hairspray.
During the Dollhouse era, Melanie's hair color changed constantly. It was usually pastel colors.
For the Dollhouse music video, Melanie's hair was black and pink/purple.
Carousel, Dollhouse Live, and Carousel Live
For the Carousel music video and the live videos of Dollhouse and Carousel, Melanie's hair was black and teal with pink streaks.
Cry Baby Era
During the Cry Baby era, Melanie switched to wearing wigs since her hair was being damaged from all of the dye.
For the Pity Party music video, Melanie's hair was black and purple, along with another style that was purple - gray and black.
Soap and Sippy Cup
Soap/Training Wheels Double Feature
For the Soap and Training Wheels double feature, Melanie's hair was pink and black.
In the Cry Baby music video, Melanie's hair was black and blonde with several pastel streaks, along with black and silver.
For the Alphabet Boy music video, Melanie's hair was black and blonde again.
Tag, You're It/Milk and Cookies Double Feature
For the Tag, You're It and Milk and Cookies double feature, Melanie's hair was black and blonde with several pastel streaks (light blue, pink, and yellow), black and gray, and black and grayish purple.
Mrs. Potato Head
In the music video for Mrs. Potato Head, Melanie's hair was black and blonde once again, though it isn't seen much due to Cry Baby not being the main focus of the video. Near the beginning, she also puts on a blonde wig.
In the music video for Mad Hatter, Melanie's hair was many different colors. It was silver and black; blonde, pink and black; blonde and black; blonde, fuchsia and black; ginger and black; and pink and black.
- Melanie's hair is naturally brown. Soon before she auditioned for The Voice, she dyed half of her hair blonde and the other part black. Melanie constantly changes the color of the blonde side, while the black side remains always the same.
- Melanie was inspired to dye her hair from the Disney villain Cruella de Vil.
- For Halloween of 2015, Melanie actually did dress up as Cruella. She posted a picture on Instagram of herself in her costume.
- Melanie stated in an interview that she had to start wearing wigs, as her hair was becoming weak because of how many times she has dyed it.
- Melanie has done a rare performance in wig that is completely blonde.
- William Scott Blair does all of Melanie's hair for her music videos and has created many of her wigs.