The 2nd Studio Album will be the sophomore album and second major-label record by Melanie Martinez. It was originally set to be released in the fall of 2017. It was first pushed back to January of 2018, but now it is expected to be released on an unknown date in 2018. The standard version of the album is set to have a total of 13 songs.
The album's working concept is that it will be set in a town, and will be told from Cry Baby's perspective. According to Melanie, it will be Cry Baby stepping outside of her family life and love life and acting like a narrator for the album. The title of the album is the name of a particular place in Cry Baby's town/neighborhood.
Cry Baby will be narrating the album from her perspective and will be introducing new characters, but she should appear on the album at some point. According to Melanie, she says "You’re not learning about her, you’re learning about the place that she’s in and her perspective".
Melanie has posted two photos on Instagram with lyrics on both captions, revealing two songs that could possibly be on the second album. She posted one on April 13th, 2016, and the other one on May 17th, 2016.
- I Scream
- Jimmy Tells
- Lover Boy
- Paper People
- Silence Says
- Unknown Song (Confirmed)
- 2nd Unknown Song (Confirmed)
- This will be Melanie's second visual album.
- Melanie has said on Twitter that any rumors of titles, collabs, or anything regarding this album are all fake. She has since deleted this tweet.
- Melanie confirmed that none of her unreleased songs would be on her next studio album because the album "has too specific of a theme".
- Melanie has stated that she will be experimenting with vintage squeak toys.
- Melanie stated in an interview the album will be more hip-hop-like than her other music.
- Melanie told a fan that this album will be much darker than her previous album.
- Melanie confirmed that there would be a tour in 2018 to go along with this album.
- Shows in this tour will have intermissions and choreography that will reflect the album's story.
- Melanie once mentioned that it is possible something good finally happens to Cry Baby.
- Melanie said that there might be a song flashing back to Tag, You're It.
- Melanie once responded to a fan on Instagram there won't be any collaborations on this album.
- Melanie has said that there will be a song about friends in school that didn't actually want a close connection at all.
- Melanie has also said there will be a song about how your mental health is important to maintain.
- Brian said on Twitter that he is brainstorming for his new character, possibly for Melanie's new album.
- Melanie said 'it's a really fucked place and it's a place we can all relate to'.
- Melanie stated that there will be a character whose name is a pun on Donald Trump.
- Melanie said that she will make a film to go along with this album.
- The film will be a mixture of horror and drama.
- The film will replace the music videos.
- According to Brian, the film will be released in September of 2018.
- According to an interview that G1 did with Melanie, she has already recorded the songs for her second album.
- Melanie said on Instagram that this album has a completely different style of music from Cry Baby.
- Melanie said on Twitter that this album will have bonus tracks.
- Michael Keenan confirmed the album is complete.
- A song titled Banana Well was speculated to be a song for this album, however, Melanie later denied it.
- An album titled Bluffington was added to Melanie's page on Amazon, however it was quickly deleted. It is rumored that this is the album's title.
- Fans speculate that the lead single is Blossoming due to Melanie hinting at the song in her posts.
- In an interview with Coup De Main Magazine, Melanie mentioned that some characters will be portrayed with a "weird" low-pitched vocal version of her own voice.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://g1.globo.com/musica/lollapalooza/2017/noticia/melanie-martinez-faz-pop-sombrio-inspirado-em-depressao-e-donald-trump-ele-e-assustador.ghtml
- ↑ http://www.fuse.tv/videos/2016/05/melanie-martinez-interview-fuse-first-next-album
- ↑ http://www.theaquarian.com/2016/03/23/an-interview-with-melanie-martinez-its-her-party/
- ↑ https://lithiummagazine.com/2015/10/27/an-interview-with-melanie-martinez-mod-club-toronto-oct-26-2015-2/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/activegrande/status/779547409806483460
- ↑ https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7904990/melanie-martinez-interview-cry-baby-second-album
- ↑ https://twitter.com/OssiLBBH/status/847320328686542855
- ↑ https://twitter.com/michaelkeenan/status/956267758349565952
- ↑ http://www.coupdemainmagazine.com/interviews/interview-melanie-martinez-her-debut-album-cry-baby